Getting Married at FBC
Want to get married at First B? Here’s the steps to take:
1. Read through the Wedding at FBC Guide and carefully consider if our church’s desires, motivations, and expectations regarding marriage match your own.
2. Complete the Wedding Request Form to indicate the day you want to have your wedding. You cannot schedule a wedding more than one year ahead of time and no less than 6 months from your desired date.
3. Our Wedding Scheduler will contact you to confirm availability. Confirming availability does not guarantee the date for your wedding. The date will only be held when we receive the Wedding Application and a $50 deposit (which will be applied toward your refundable wedding damage deposit should your request be approved.)
4. Once we confirm your desired date, please complete the Wedding Application. You will receive an email confirming that we received your application and will tentatively hold your date.
5. The Wedding Scheduler will then set-up a meeting to discuss the church’s wedding policies and procedures. You will also need to sign and turn in the agreement on page 7, along with paying a $200.00 down payment towards the total wedding/reception fee costs and a $300 refundable damage deposit. We will get back to you within 14 business days to let you know if the date you requested will work or not.
6. If your date is confirmed, the Wedding Scheduler will help you get in touch with an FBC Staff person regarding signing up for FBC’s pre-marital counseling program. All couples must complete an approved premarital counseling course before marriage.
7. At least one month prior to your wedding, our Wedding Coordinator will meet with you to discuss final details, including ceremony specifics, decorations, and production needs. The remaining balance owed is due at this meeting.